Where is the motor located on the Packa?
The motor for the Packa Genie is located towards the back of the bike and is a type of motor called a rear-hub direct drive motor. Many customers wonder about the differences between a rear-hub motor and a mid-drive motor, so we have included a few differences below for reference.
- The bike’s power goes through the chain to the cassette (taking advantage of the range of gears).
- Since the motor is integrated with the rider’s pedal strokes, it can sense the torque that’s being applied and provide the appropriate amount of pedal assistance.
- This type of motor is common on off-road mountain bikes and premium e-bikes
Rear hub drive:
- The power goes straight to the axle so it can take advantage of gears.
- The pedal assist is applied in increments, not integrated with the torque of your pedal strokes like the mid-drive motor.
- This type of motor is often considered a more affordable option and is best for riders who use their e-bikes for cruising, commuting, or hauling cargo.