Battery Lifespan & Storage
The batteries included with your Blix bike have an incredible 25,000 mile (500-800 charging cycles) expected lifetime.
With each extra amp hour, there is an increase in life time. Replacement and backup batteries are available. Our replacement batteries start at $599. You can shop for batteries here.
The battery status and durability can be maintained with regular use. To ensure a long battery life, be sure to charge the battery often, especially between rides.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Do not leave the battery fully uncharged for long periods of time. This will affect the overall battery life. Keep the battery at a charge of between 20-80% to prolong battery life.
- The battery charger is exclusively designed for use in a dry, indoor environment with adequate ventilation.
- Only use the charger provided with your Blix.
- Do not store the battery in extreme temperatures as this will cause irreversible damage to the Lithium-Ion cells.
- Do not allow the battery to fall below a 5% charge.
- When storing the battery, it is recommended that you charge the battery for two hours each month.