Battery Lifespan & Storage
The batteries included with your Blix bike have an incredible 25,000-mile (500-800 charging cycles) expected lifetime.
With each extra amp hour, there is an increase in lifetime. Replacement and additional batteries are available for purchase. Our batteries start at $599, not including tax or shipping costs. You can request to purchase a battery from our support team at blixbike.com/support.
The battery status and durability can be maintained with regular use. To ensure long battery life, be sure to charge the battery often, especially between rides.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Do not leave the battery fully uncharged for long periods of time. This will affect the overall battery life. Keep the battery at a charge of between 20-80% to prolong battery life.
- The battery charger is exclusively designed for use in a dry, indoor environment with adequate ventilation.
- Only use the charger provided with your Blix.
- Do not store the battery in extreme temperatures as this will cause irreversible damage to the Lithium-Ion cells.
- Do not allow the battery to fall below a 5% charge.
- When storing the battery, it is recommended that you charge the battery for two hours each month.