My Battery Won't Power On
There are a few factors that could contribute to a battery’s inability to power on. Here are some things you can test yourself:
- First, check to ensure that the battery is charged, securely locked into place, and that the power switch is in the “on” position. Press the button that looks like a battery, and check that the battery indicator light shows a charge.
- If the battery indicator shows a charge, but the display does not power on when you hold the “M” button on the button pad, check that the display cable is connected properly. Unplug the display cable, and reconnect it securely.
If these steps yield no results, it is time to check that the charger is operable.
- The charger has an indicator light located on the top, flat face. The light indicator should show green when it is not connected to the battery. When connected to a discharged battery, the indicator light should show red, and when connected to a fully charged battery, the indicator should go back to green.
- If the indicator light does not turn on, try plugging it into a different outlet. If this still does not work, contact Technical Support.
- If the indicator light turns green, but stays green even when plugged into an empty battery, this could mean that the charging port on the battery may be obstructed. Turn the battery off, and check the charging port for any blockages.
- If the charging port is not obstructed, and none of these steps yielded a result, contact Technical Support for further diagnostic assistance.